De Taille et d'Estoc :: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September

Rapier 2012, 22-23 September

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    De Taille et d'Estoc Index du Forum -> Martial Arts -> Events
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Rob_Runacres
Jouvenceau

MessagePosté le: 23/05/2012 14:18:57    Sujet du message: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September Répondre en citant

Rapier 2012 will be held at Collingwood College Gymnasium, Camberley, UK. The two day event will consist of four workshops, centring on close play and the second intention, and a tournament. There will also be a meal and prize giving on the Saturday night!

The tournament will consist of two ‘streams’: single rapier and rapier with companion weapon (dagger or cloak). The winner of each stream will fight in two final, one single rapier and one rapier and companion (rules regarding a tie will be detailed another time!). Tournament rules can be found at www.openrulesproject.com.

Crash space is available at the venue for the Friday and Saturday only. Hotel accommodation is available at £30 per night if sharing with one other, or £60 per night for the room alone. This comes with an ‘all you can eat breakfast’, but delegates should appreciate that this is not a challenge and The School of The Sword is not responsible for any unfortunate results during the course of the day.

Transport is available for travelling to and from the event.

The cost of the event alone is £50, including the Saturday meal. Entry to the tournament will be an additional £10.

The website with a booking form will be up in the next few weeks. In the meantime, please send any questions to me or to info@schoolofthesword.com.
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 23/05/2012 14:18:57    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Martti
Capitaine

MessagePosté le: 23/05/2012 14:21:56    Sujet du message: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September Répondre en citant

Ah fuck, I am playing at a festival at the exact same days... Evil or Very Mad
Chef d'Escadre

MessagePosté le: 23/05/2012 14:37:11    Sujet du message: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September Répondre en citant

Nice. I'll be here, (exept if I have any mandatory exams etc. the friday.)
Jouvenceau

MessagePosté le: 23/05/2012 15:05:24    Sujet du message: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September Répondre en citant

Thib, you'd better be: you have a title to defend!

Anyone attending who wants to compete should note that there will be pools in the first round of the competition, so you will get a number of bouts whether you go through or not.
Théo
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: 23/05/2012 16:55:55    Sujet du message: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September Répondre en citant

This year, I have to be there !

Rob_Runacres
Jouvenceau

MessagePosté le: 23/05/2012 17:09:33    Sujet du message: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September Répondre en citant

Théo a écrit:
This year, I have to be there !

No, you're banned.
Thibault
Chef d'Escadre

MessagePosté le: 23/05/2012 18:11:18    Sujet du message: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September Répondre en citant

Mr. Green
Vétéran

MessagePosté le: 23/05/2012 18:31:15    Sujet du message: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September Répondre en citant

Crying or Very sad

Rob_Runacres
Jouvenceau

MessagePosté le: 24/05/2012 12:55:30    Sujet du message: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September Répondre en citant

Oh, alright Théo, you can come, but have some respect for the elderly community.

Now, while there is crash space at the gym on Friday and Saturday, I may be able to offer some space for other nights at my home, depending on whether you can chat Saira up at Fight Camp. As well as some crash space, I do have a sizeable garden, for camping if you're feeling mad, but as I say it's really down to bribing Saira, who is very corruptable.

Regardless, it would be good to see a large contingent from de Taille & D'Estoc, as it looks like there will be quite a number of Italians to contend with and possibly some Spanish
Eugenio
Initié

MessagePosté le: 28/05/2012 12:51:50    Sujet du message: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September Répondre en citant

J'aimeriez aller, mais encore je ne peux pas prevoir ma agenda du travail.

A bientot
Visiter le site web du posteur
Rob_Runacres
Jouvenceau

MessagePosté le: 28/05/2012 13:43:25    Sujet du message: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September Répondre en citant

Eugenio a écrit:
J'aimeriez aller, mais encore je ne peux pas prevoir ma agenda du travail.

A bientot

Vous serait le bienvenu, Eugenio
Rob_Runacres
Jouvenceau

MessagePosté le: 17/06/2012 21:20:19    Sujet du message: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September Répondre en citant

Bookings are now open for Rapier 2012 here.

The website will be updated with further details about the event over the next few weeks. However, if you want to get a discount on a hotel room, you will need to book before August 1st.

Naturally, I understand if there is a low representation because of the openeing of a Dijon monorail or similar excuse...
Rob_Runacres
Jouvenceau

MessagePosté le: 24/07/2012 14:23:59    Sujet du message: Hotel Update Répondre en citant

Hi, a number of attendees have expressed concern about the deadline for the hotel discount. We've renegotiated, and the deadline has now been extended until 19/08. Booking can still occur after this deadline, but unfortunately we cannot get the discount.
Rob_Runacres
Jouvenceau

MessagePosté le: 29/08/2012 12:53:48    Sujet du message: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September Répondre en citant

Good news on the hotel; they have dropped the price for a room to £32.50 for a night, which might tempt some of you away from the gym floor! We will contact those of you who have already booked.

The tournament is shaping up to be an exciting affair, with Thibault Ghesquiere seeking to defend last year's win, Hans Jörnlind looking for vengeance, Piermarco Terminiello seeking to put a third victory under his belt and the rest of us snapping at their heels. There are some places left in the tournament as well as the workshops, so please come and join us!
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: 05/12/2016 18:38:10    Sujet du message: Rapier 2012, 22-23 September

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    De Taille et d'Estoc Index du Forum -> Events Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: