De Taille et d'Estoc :: Something Strange-First Open International Gathering 2010!

Something Strange-First Open International Gathering 2010!

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    De Taille et d'Estoc Index du Forum -> The True Duke's hideout -> The Empire's Hole
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
D.Copeland
Jouvenceau

MessagePosté le: 21/03/2010 19:13:42    Sujet du message: Something Strange-First Open International Gathering 2010! Répondre en citant

Just to let you guys know, something strange happened this weekend at the 2010 Open International Gathering in Houston, TX USA.

Despite the various groups and representatives of many countries that attended, WMAC members, HEMA Alliance members and a myriad of other groups and associations that were represented the unexpected has happened I believe the end must be near.

What was this thing that was not suppose to happen and yet mysteriously did? Everyone got along and had a truly great weekend of classes and tournament fighting.

Okay it was my first big event and I had heard the talk about how there were potential "issues" like particular people, groups, or schools of training were just flat out not going to get along, like I said there must be something strange brewing because none of that happened.

Anyway it was a great event I believe for all that attended (it was for myself and the others that I talked to), so I think I am going to declare the First Annual Open International Gathering in Houston, TX, USA a success. (IMHO) The classes, venue, participants, volunteers and of course the instructors were all first class.

If you were wondering who won the Longsword tournament or the Dussack tournament, I am trying to remember what his name was (yes one guy won both tournaments): Alex something or other. Hmmm, no that's not right Oh yeah, now I remember it was Axel Pettersson from GHFS.

Cheers,
David
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 21/03/2010 19:13:42    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Fabo
Grand Duc d'Occident

MessagePosté le: 21/03/2010 21:21:08    Sujet du message: Something Strange-First Open International Gathering 2010! Répondre en citant

Excellent !

And cheers to Axel !
D.Copeland
Jouvenceau

MessagePosté le: 21/03/2010 21:31:57    Sujet du message: Something Strange-First Open International Gathering 2010! Répondre en citant

Fab,
We were very fortunate to have both Axel and Anders here it was a great opportunity for many people to train with them, both of them are very humble "ambassadors" of the sport. All of the instructors were great but I was not able to spend much time with as many as of them as I would have liked. I have a feeling that happens at most of the large events however!

David
DoK
Bulot Arthritique

MessagePosté le: 22/03/2010 08:00:33    Sujet du message: Something Strange-First Open International Gathering 2010! Répondre en citant

That is just excellent news.

Citation:

I have a feeling that happens at most of the large events however!

This is very true, but we're looking forward spending some time sharing with you at the next Dijon event Wink
D.Copeland
Jouvenceau

MessagePosté le: 22/03/2010 11:08:21    Sujet du message: Something Strange-First Open International Gathering 2010! Répondre en citant

.... and I as well. Until we meet, all the best!
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: 05/12/2016 18:39:01    Sujet du message: Something Strange-First Open International Gathering 2010!

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    De Taille et d'Estoc Index du Forum -> The Empire's Hole Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: