De Taille et d'Estoc :: Dijon 2010 Accomodations question.

Dijon 2010 Accomodations question.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    De Taille et d'Estoc Index du Forum -> The True Duke's hideout -> The Empire's Hole
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
D.Copeland
Jouvenceau

MessagePosté le: 12/01/2010 21:02:35    Sujet du message: Dijon 2010 Accomodations question. Répondre en citant

Dijon 2010 will be my first trip to France so I am asking for some help from those that know. I know it is early for Dijon event questions, but I don't want to get caught at the last minute scrambling to figure out where I want to make reservations for lodging in May.

So does anyone have any recommendations for some good places to stay while attending the event, not outrageously expensive but definitely not the least expensive and preferably close to the venues or at least with good access to transportation to the event I understand there is a historic district but it is not close to the event Question , correct me if I am wrong. Since this is my first trip to France I am asking for any advice you might have.

I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities for socializing Okay (or am I mistaken about that as well? Wink ) so having bars and clubs etc. on the premises is not the top priority. Enjoying the city is, of course.

David
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 12/01/2010 21:02:35    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Fabo
Grand Duc d'Occident

MessagePosté le: 12/01/2010 21:42:43    Sujet du message: Dijon 2010 Accomodations question. Répondre en citant

Hi David

Accomodation, and the related costs, is included in the fee.

People attending the event will stay at the B&B hotel, in central Dijon (you can't be more central). Transportation in Dijon is very, very good (though it might be affected by current tramway works). You just have to take a bus almost right in front of the hotel for a direct ride to the university. And it takes a mere 5 minutes to crawl back to the hotel from the pubs we'll frequent Smile

One thing though : we're trying to accomodate as many people as possible. Therefore, you'll have to share your room with up to two other persons.

Of course, you're free to elect not to stay at this hotel - but the fee will not change, and extra costs will be at your own expense. And the b&B hotel will be booked entirely for us for the entire event, so other options will be more expensive (though not that much).
D.Copeland
Jouvenceau

MessagePosté le: 13/01/2010 05:13:33    Sujet du message: Dijon 2010 Accomodations question. Répondre en citant

Fab,

That is good to know, because I did not realize that was how the event was setup, so I will refrain from asking any more event questions until after the 2010 registration details are posted.

The pub crawl is part of your official duties? Very cool and all in the name of fostering good will at the international level, ah the sacrifices you must make! Wink

As an observation, I suppose i need to implement knee-walking into my training! Smile

Cheers!
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: 10/12/2016 16:27:44    Sujet du message: Dijon 2010 Accomodations question.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    De Taille et d'Estoc Index du Forum -> The Empire's Hole Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: